TLC awards contracts for Victoria's largest aged care facility
May 08, 2017
TLC Healthcare has awarded the contract to build their redevelopment project at Homestead Estate in Wallington, east of Geelong, to Ireland Brown Constructions and principal consultants Baldasso Cortese. Construction is scheduled to begin at the site in August 2017.
TLC’s existing homes at the Homestead Estate site will be combined into one location and an additional 125 beds will be added. When completed, Homestead Estate will be the largest residential aged care home in Victoria at 260-beds and will boast:
- a community healthcare hub servicing both the residents of Homestead Estate and the wider community providing a medical centre, allied health services, a healthcare retail outlet and a pathology collection centre
- a TLC Café featuring a modern functional kitchen with microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, and espresso machine delivering fine quality beverages
- a state-of-the-art gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool offering residents tailored programs under the supervision of our in-house physiotherapy team
- virtual reality cinema especially adapted for use in aged care
- expansive outdoor areas, some measuring over 1,000m2
“Homestead Estate was the first residential aged care home in the TLC group, so we are delighted to finally be able to commence work on its redevelopment” says CEO of TLC Healthcare, Lou Pascuzzi.
“TLC has worked extensively with principal consultants Baldasso Cortese on other projects, and the project team is excited about working with Ireland Brown Construction to build a truly unique facility. This redevelopment project will not only provide a boost for construction employment in the Geelong area, it will also employ around 150 aged care staff on an ongoing basis” says Lou.
The Homestead Estate development represents a $24m investment by TLC in providing much needed services to the local community and is scheduled to be completed and operational in late 2018.